Just like when your skin lacks moisture even with body lotion, you have to use body butter creams to combat the dryness. When it comes to a similar situation with your hair then Hair masks do the same for us. No matter what your hair problem is – weak roots, dryness, no luster, etc, a hair mask is a fix for all. It nourishes your thirsty locks and improves the health of your hair.
What hair mask can do for your hair?
Does your hair get entangled while you run your fingers or comb on your hair? We face these kinds of problems almost every day which is a major factor of hair loss and frizz. But the good news is it can be fixed with hair masks. If you have found the right hair mask then you can do miracles to your hair. Let me explain some of the benefits that you’ll get after using the hair mask.
- It provides intense nourishment to the hair. Hair masks are creamy and rich in hydration which is specifically made to make the hair frizz-free.
- It gives you a smooth and shiny texture of hair and brings back the natural gloss and luster of your hair, you’ll start noticing the result in a single application only.
- It is great for color-treated hair. Using chemicals in hair can pull out the moisture and makes the hair dry. Hair masks help to restore the health and nourishes the hair.
- It rehydrates your hair with its rich hydration. If due to weather or any external factor, you suddenly feel that your hair has dried out, especially when you have any occasion or party to attend to. Then the best idea is to go for hair masks.
- It helps in reversing the damage that has been done on your hair. It can be caused by applying heat directly without using a heat protectant. Use of Blow-dryers, curlers, and hair straighteners result in weakening your hair’s cuticle which causes hair fall or hair breakage. Using a hair mask helps in repairing and strengthening the strands of your hair.
Why hair mask better than a conditioner?
There is a difference between hair masks and conditioners. Hair mask are creamy and runny and they have a thick texture. They do not get off of hair the moment they come in contact with water. Whereas hair conditioners are lightweight than masks and they provide the smoothing effects to the hair strands. Another difference is also based on ingredients. Masks have ingredients on the higher side of moisturization such as shea butter or oils. Hair masks are just like face masks, using once a week is enough. You generally have to keep it on for a minimum of 15-20 minutes, normally wrapped in a towel or wear a shower cap. Whereas you can use conditioner every time you shampoo your hair in a week. So it depends upon the requirement of your hair as both have their significant roles to play.
Can a hair mask be replaced with a conditioner?
If you have thin or normal hair, using only a hair mask is perfectly alright for your hair. You can also use the only conditioner on a regular basis. Read our article Say Goodbye To Frizz With These 10 Best Hair Conditioner For Dry & Frizzy Hair.
If you have very dry hair then you must use both to ensure the nourishment of your hair. You can use a hydrating hair mask once or twice a week. Apply hair mask for 20 minutes before shampooing your hair, then apply conditioner after shampoo.
What are the best hair masks?
Let us have a look at the 10 best hair masks for the healthy glossier hair:
1. Himalaya Herbals Anti Hair Fall Cream
This hair mask will great nourishing to the hair from the roots and helps in strengthing the hair follicles. It promotes hair growth by keeping hair healthy and shiny. It is enriched with Amla and Bhringaraja.
2. OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Treatment
This product contains Vitamin E, the goodness of Argan Oil of Morocco, and antioxidants. It improves the inner health of the hair and gives brilliant shine & softness. It renews the hair without making them greasy or weighing them down.
3. Biotique Bio Musk Root Fresh Growth Nourishing Treatment
It contains herbal ingredients such as Amla, bhringraj, mukethi, bhel phal, jaiphal, and many more. This product is preservative-free, cruelty-free, dermatologically-tested, and organically pure. It makes hair longer and thicker by providing healthy hair growth.
4. Godrej Professional Avocado Nourish Mask
It is enriched with the goodness of avocado oil as well as almond oil. This product is safe for color-treated hair. It rejuvenates the fragile hair and makes them silky soft. It is loaded with essential fatty acids, nutrients, and vitamins.
5. Schwrzkopf Professional SPA Essence Enriching Cream Masque
This product is specifically made for damaged hair. You will get an experience of luxurious hair spa treatment along with the beautiful fruity and floral scents. This hair mask will remove frizz and add natural luminosity to your hair.
6. Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Deep Conditioning Protein Pack
This product is enriched with Raw Coconut Oil, Vitamin E, Keratin, Tahitian Monoi, Silk Protein, and Coconut Milk. It strengthens and protects the hair by providing intense moisturization and gives you a fresh scent of rich creamy coconut. It is also paraben and sulfate-free as well as a travel-friendly product.
7. Kaya Deep Conditioning Masque
This hair mask claims to provide damage reversal up to 30% as well as 2x times reduction in hair fall and smooth hair. It has a velvety texture which is very soft and nourishes the roots of the hair. It is enriched with ingredients such as avocado, basil root, sugarcane, 100% natural olive oil, lemon, apple extract, and macadamia nuts which greatly help in reducing hair fall.
8. Khadi Essentials NIRAMAYA Methi Hair Mask with Cedar & Vetiver Oil for Damaged, Dry & Frizzy Hair
This hair mask is enriched with the goodness of ingredients like Methi – Fenugreek seeds, Coconut oil, Kusuma Oil, Brahmi, Mulethi, and Shikakayi extract, Rose and Banayan Tree Extract. It helps in repairing, protecting, and nourishing the hair from deep within and provides healthy dazzling locks.
9. Urban Care Macadamia Oil Fusion Hair Care Mask
The rich ingredients in Macadamia oil help the hair in regaining its health. It protects against the harmful chemicals and entraps the moisture in the hair and thus providing shine and gloss to the tresses. It also contains keratin that provides a smooth finish and nurtures the hair.
10. Juicy Chemistry Argan & Mango Butter Masque (Pre Shampoo Hair Spa)
This product contains all the natural nourishing ingredients like Shea butter, Argan oil, Mango butter, coffee bean, jojoba oil, lavender, peppermint, rosemary, and german chamomile essential oils, you name it. This antioxidant, antibacterial product tames the frizz and provides heavenly smoothness to the hair
I was the president of the Fashionista Club at my college. That is when I discovered my love for writing on fashion and beauty, mainly to inspire others. Since then, I love to constantly lookout for fashion trends and beauty secrets. I am in love with the idea of going organic in terms of beauty. If I were a beauty product, I’d be Essential oil. Beauty is a healthy state of mind and the only beauty standard that I follow is anything that makes me happy and confident. I love to inculcate positive habits in me and have an optimistic attitude. I live by the idea of living life in harmony and to bloom with grace. I believe that the concept of Beauty & Style of anyone is something that is very personal and it starts with loving yourself. Afterall Bosswoman Vibes are the most sexy and you gotta believe in your inner Beyonce.