Every skin tone is unique, and what works well for your face and lips might not look that great on somebody else! Therefore, finding the best nude lipstick for fair skin is a tough task if you are unsure what to look for. It is important to know which undertone you would like to go with. So, choose from pink, yellow, and orange undertones to determine which nude lipstick complements your skin the best.
Much like Taylor Swift or the Kardashian-Jenner sisters, if you are also a fan of nude lippies, but too scared to try one on your pale skin, take a look at our list of nude lipsticks for lighter skin tones. Scroll down for more information.
7 Best Nude Lipsticks For Fair And Pale Skin (Reviews & Buying Guide)
1. Best Long-Lasting Formula:Milani Cosmetics Color Statement Lipstick – Tropical Nude
The Milani Cosmetics Color Statement Lipstick is long-lasting and works wonders on pale skin. It is enriched with vitamins A and C and feels extremely comfortable on the lips. Vitamin A fights the free radicals that aid in natural pigment loss. This nude lipstick for fair skin restores the bold natural color of your lips while keeping pigmentation at bay. Itoffers a matte finish and enhances your ‘no-makeup’ look. This cruelty-free lip color glides smoothly on your lips and offers excellent moisturization. This product does not dry out your lips or create unwanted flakes on your pout.
If you need further convincing, check out this YouTuber’s swatch video.
Pro tip: You may want to apply a clear lip gloss on top of this lipstick for extra shine.
- Moisturizing formula
- Offers matte finish
- Combats pigmentation
- Fruity smell
2. Best For Dry Lips:Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick – Naked Coral
Achieve kissable lips with the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick. It is enriched with honey nectar, features an ultra-hydrating formula, and offers great color payoff on the first swipe. This nude lipstick contains warm and golden pigments that elevate the natural color of your lips. You can contour your lips with this nude shade to make them appear gorgeous. This lipstick works wonders on dry lips as it removes flakes while making your pout smoother and more supple. If you want to highlight your lips without making it too obvious, this nude shade is the right choice.
Take a look at this video for an honest review of the product.
- Ultra-hydrating formula
- Glides smoothly
- Great color payoff
- Contours your lips
- Suitable for dry lips
3. Best Affordable Option:Gabriel Cosmetics Lipstick – Nude
The Gabriel Cosmetics Lipstick is enriched with nourishing ingredients that offer intense hydration and long-lasting formula. It contains a petrochemical-free base of candelilla wax with jojoba seed oil and aloe that moisturize your lips while protecting them from environmental damage. This nude lipstick for light skin is made of natural and mineral-based ingredients that prevent discoloration and do not irritate your lips. It glides on effortlessly or can be applied with the Gabriel lip brush for better precision. This lipstick is your go-to option if you want feather-resistant and budge-proof results.
- Natural formula
- Offers intense hydration
- Suitable for sensitive lips
4. Best Smudge-Free Formula:Mellow Long Lasting Matte Lipstick – Nude
The Mellow Long Lasting Matte Lipstick is loved by many makeup enthusiasts with fair skin tone. It is highly pigmented and offers a creamy finish. The moisturizing formula nourishes your lips and keeps dryness at bay. This long-lasting nude lipstick for fair skin glides smoothly while leaving a velvety-smooth layer on your lips to prevent fine lines and creases. It is infused with vitamin E that protects the natural softness of your lips. Despite being creamy, this lipstick does not spread, smudge, or leave marks on your favorite coffee mugs. It does not need touch-ups or re-applications and offers a bold color payoff in a single swipe. Animal lovers can take a breath of relief as this lipstick is vegan and cruelty-free.
- Long-lasting finish
- Moisturizing formula
- Intense color payoff
- Smudge-free formula
- No spillage
5. Best Hypoallergenic:Mineral Fusion Lipstick – Nude
The Mineral Fusion Lipstick is a great find for people with pale skin. It comes with an ultra-luxurious and buttery smooth formula that thoroughly moisturizes your lips. This lipstick is enriched with shea butter and jojoba seed oil that condition and hydrate your pout while offering an intense color payoff. Pomegranate, white tea, red tea, and vitamin C help protect delicate lips against damage. This nude lipstick for light skin enhances your pout while keeping it safe from smudging and feathering. It adds instant elegance and compliments any professional outfit.
- Buttery-smooth formula
- Hydrating formula
- Intense color payoff
- Climate-pledge friendly
- Not be suitable for extremely sensitive lips
6. Best For Full Coverage:Ilia Color Block Lipstick – Bardot Nude
The Ilia Color Block Lipstick is famous among makeup enthusiasts with pale skin. It is long-wearing, hydrating, and offers full coverage in a single swipe. This lippie is enriched with organic castor seed oil that offers excellent pigmentation and keeps your lips well-moisturized. It helps make your lips appear even textured while offering a smooth and creamy finish.
This long-lasting nude lipstick for fair skin is enriched with organic ingredients like apricot seed oil and mango seed butter that condition your pout naturally. It is also rich in oleic acid and vitamin E, which help boost skin elasticity, while vitamins A and C make your lips appear softer and plumper. The paraben-free formula uses non-reactive food-grade dyes that do not damage your skin.
Pro Tip: You can achieve a diffused and blotted look by pressing and rolling the lipstick against your lips.
- Long-lasting formula
- Offers full coverage
- Richly pigmented
- Offers a creamy finish
7. Best Creamy Finish:L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick – Fairest Nude
The L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipstick is enriched with super nourishing ingredients, including vitamin E, omega 3, and argan oil that soothe your lips. It hydrates your pout and keeps it supple. This nude lipstick for light skin delivers a creamy finish and stays on for a long time. No matter the occasion, you can wear this lipstick with any outfit. Also, this lipstick does not feather, smudge, or bleed.
- Does not bleed
- Nourishing formula
- Creamy finish
Without further ado, let us understand how to purchase nude lippies as per your skin tone and type.
How To Choose Nude Lipsticks For Fair Skin
Skin Tone: You need to determine whether you are too pale or slightly pale. In order to make an informed decision, it is important to understand which skin tone you belong to. People with very fair skin tones can purchase lipsticks with lighter nude shades. On the other hand, people with neutral and slightly darker complexions must go for lipsticks with peachy tones.
Undertone: Before choosing the best nude lipstick for fair skin, note which undertone looks great on your lips. People with significantly light skin tones often go for lippies with pink undertones to create a ‘barely-there’ lip look. However, lipsticks with yellow and orange undertones can often look dull on fair skin tones.
Vivi Mintara, a professional makeup artist and beauty mentor, says, “It can be incredibly difficult to find the right shade of nude for fair skin because most of them will wash fair skin out if those who wear it aren’t careful! You will need to look for a nude lipstick that has a slight element of light/rose pink to it. This touch of warmth will pair well with the cool undertone of fair skin.”
Finish: Before purchasing the lipstick of your dreams, it is important to understand the finish that you are looking for. While long-lasting nude lipsticks for fair skin create a gorgeous matte finish, others give off a glamorous glossy look. Make sure you are choosing a lipstick based on the type of finish you are craving for!
Applying a nude lipstick is not too difficult a task, but you should know what to expect while applying the nuder shades for the first time! Now look at a few points you should keep in mind while using a nude shade on your lips.
How To Apply A Nude Lipstick
1. Choose The Right Shade: Yes, you read that right! Just because you adore a lip color, does not mean it will adore you back. Not to sound dramatic, but finding the right nude lipstick for fair skinis no cake walk when you are unsure about a couple of hacks. Determine your skin’s undertone to know what kind of lip color will be ideal for you. If the veins on your hand are green, you have warm undertones, but when they are blue, you have cool undertones. When the veins are a mixture of both the colors, it means you have neutral undertones.
Shop for rosy pink nudes for cool undertones, and purchase peachy pinks or golds if you have warm undertones. However, people with fair skin should avoid brown nudes at all costs.
2. Steer Clear Of Shades Lighter Than Your Lips: If you do not want your skin to look extremely washed out, make sure you do not apply nude lippies lighter than your natural lip color. Your complexion might look gray if you go for shades lighter than your original lip color.
3. Moisturize Your Lips: Make sure to moisturize your lips thoroughly before applying the nude lipsticks for fair skin. If you have dry skin, apply a balm or thin layer of petroleum jelly to make your lips feel nourished and hydrated.
4. Lip Exfoliation: If you have dry lips, but cannot let go of your obsession with matte nude shades, it is important to exfoliate your lips. Use a lip scrub to get rid of dry flakes that can stand out once you have applied the lippie. Before applying the lipstick, gently exfoliate your lips with a damp toothbrush or your fingers.
5. Apply Foundation Or Concealer: Some people apply a thin layer of foundation or concealer on their lips before applying the nude shades. This helps glorify your natural lip color so that your nude shade stands out.
6. Apply Lip Liner: Line your lips gently before using a nude shade. Lip liners seal the lipstick and keep the color from spilling.Katya Bychkova, an NYC-based beauty expert, says, “I recommend putting on a lip liner first. Many people with pale skin complain that the contour of their lips is not too noticeable – you can fix that by applying a lip liner first.To make your nude lipstick appear even more undetectable, apply your lipstick with a brush. After the application, remove excess shine by blotting your lips with a tissue.”
More importantly, purchase a lip liner that is a shade darker than your nude lipstick.
7. Apply Your Lipstick Multiple Times: As nude lipsticks for fair skintones often impart a sheer coverage, you should apply the lipstick many times in order to cover your natural lip color.
8. Apply gloss: You can keep your lipstick from drying by applying some gloss after using the nude shade. However, if you are going for a matte finish, it is recommended to avoid this step completely.
Katya Bychkova, suggests, “My advice for picking nude lipstick for fair skin is to go a few shades darker than your natural lip color. For instance, if your natural lip color is very pale pink, go with a bit darker shade of pink. I recommend not just swatching the shade on the back of your hand but applying lipstick on your lips and ensuring it matches your natural lip tone. That way, you’d be able to create a proper “no makeup” makeup look.”
From a kissable look to a professional one, nude lipstick for fair skin can help you ace any appearance! Nude lippies come in different shades and finishes, so choose the right product according to your skin tone and undertone. It is better to purchase nude lipsticks that offer intense color payoff and buildable coverage. Also, steer clear of nude shades that can wash out your skin or make your lips too dry.
Why Trust StyleCraze?
Srijani Roy Chowdhury, the author of this article, is certified in makeup artistry and an accredited style and image consultant. She has curated this list of the best nude lipsticks for fair skin tones after carefully going through customer reviews on several e-commerce websites. Her list features affordable, long-lasting lipsticks that offer a great color payoff. These lipsticks come with nourishing formulas and provide a smooth, comfortable finish.